Residents Force Taliban Out Of District

~~~

Afghanistan Express Daily Newspaper

July 10, 2014

~~~

Residents of Char Sadat district in western Ghor province of Afghanistan forced hundreds of Taliban militants out of the district on Wednesday.

Around 300 Taliban militants on Wednesday launched an offensive on Char Sada district and took control of the district for few hours.

Gen. Zahir Azimi, spokesman for the ministry of defense of Afghanistan said Thursday that the local residents forced Taliban militants out of Char Sada after two hours they took control of the district.

Heavy clashes took place after the Taliban militants attacked Char Sada district on Wednesday and gun battle between the two sides continued for several hours.

Deputy interior minister for security, Gen. Ayub Salangi said Taliban militants suffered heavy casualties following the clashes.

However, no exact details regarding the casualties have been given by the authorities so far.

The Taliban militants group has not commented regarding the report so far.

~~~

http://theafghanistanexpress.com/ghor-residents-force-taliban-militants-out-of-fallen-district

~~~

Advertisements

Go ahead!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s